Face-to face workshops offered by BACC are available for exclusive presentations or at association meetings. A wide range of topics are offered, from workshops appropriate for institutions just embarking on a preservation planning program to specific, issue-oriented sessions geared to institutions that are further along in their conservation program. Just a few of the current topics available for training are:
Using the GoToWebinar platform and experience gleaned in over a decade of field service training, webinars repurpose content developed in BACC’s successful face-to-face workshops in a shorter format that is more readily accessible for participants. In 2012, BACC will present The Preventive Care Primer Series. The Primer will begin with:
- Basic Condition Reporting for Collections Managers
- Biological Attack! Pests and Mold
- Care of Collections: Paintings and Painted Surfaces
- Creating an Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan for Collections
- Disaster Recovery for Collections: The First 24-48 Hours After a Disaster
- Handling and Housekeeping for Collections
- Making Material Choices for Paper and Photographs
- Surveying and Assessing Collection Needs
Like us on Facebook to receive announcements about scheduled workshops and learn about the availability of new programs!
- Introduction to Handling and Housekeeping
- Introduction to the Environment and Its Effects on Collections
- Introduction to Integrated Pest Management
- Introduction to Emergency Preparedness
Contact BACC for more information on training opportunities for organizations.